There are several types of the operation distinguished. Depending on the area of intervention, there are:
- closed rhinoplasty of the nasal tip – a thickened or long, turned-up, drooping or asymmetric nasal tip – is the most common reason to visit a doctor;
- nose alae – correction is performed to change the width, thickness, or symmetry of the nostrils;
- columella – the lower part of the nasal septum between the nostrils. If it seems too narrow or wide, you can make a correction;
- septoplasty – correction of the nasal septum allowing to get rid of nasal congestion;
- rhinoseptoplasty – a combined operation in which the correction of the nasal septum is complemented with an improvement in the nose shape;
- augmentation rhinoplasty – lifting the bridge of the nose, performed in a case of a flattened nose;
- conchotomy – removal of hypertrophied mucosa that prevents the free passage of air;
- grafting is carried out in a case of a small or too short nose.
Surgical intervention can be aimed at correcting any part of the nose or be complex, in which several different techniques are combined.